We recently hosted the webinar How to increase your ecommerce conversions in the run-up to Christmas, featuring Yotpo’s Talia Shani and ecommerce consultant Paul Rogers. In this webinar, we covered key reasons to get your ecommerce site ready before the festive period approaches, and top tips for doing so. In case you missed it, here’s a quick break down.
According to eMarketer, retail ecommerce sales rose by 17.8% over the 2016 golden quarter, and this year it is expected to increase by another 15.8%. On top of this, the Christmas season can attribute up to 20-40% of your annual revenue, which is a huge amount that many retailers would love to reach. So, it really is essential to get it right.
You might think you’re all set, but is your site really ready to cash in on this opportunity? To help you get ready for the festive frenzy, here’s what the experts recommend….
Paul Rogers, ecommerce expert, Klevu
- Forecast traffic levels and allocate budgets accordingly, particularly for paid channels.
- Optimise search and product recommendations.
- Take advantage of email and social when promoting items.
Talia Shani, Director of Marketing, Yotpo
- Start collecting user-generated content (UGC) now.
- Display UGC all over your site and leverage it on social media.
- Collect UGC during Christmas to get you through the year.
Henry Thomas, Senior Web Developer, PCA Predict
- Keep checkout forms short to avoid losing shoppers’ interest.
- Consider label placement on forms .
- Implement address validation in your checkout to improve UX and data quality.
With the busy Christmas period coming up very soon, don’t hesitate – make these changes now and you’ll see the difference to your conversion rates.
Interested in finding out more? Watch the full webinar for even more insight into how you can improve conversions this Christmas.